The Fitness Gentleman

Monday, September 17, 2007
Carrabba's Summer Beach Run
I've been telling your recently of the importance of making your daily exercise fun.

All of my experience, everything I've ever seen, tells me that if you really expect to make health & fitness part of your life then it had better be fun!

I've only been here in Jacksonville Florida a few weeks but it's already become evident to me that many more people live active healthy lifestyles than I used to see in the Northeast.


One of the things they love down here is Beach Races. This past Saturday was the 43rd running of the Carrabba's Beach Race and over 2000 runners were scheduled to participate. Apparently runners came from all over the state and although I wasn't running I decided I needed to go and see what all the fuss was all about.

It was a beautiful sunny evening, a band was playing good rock, families were there with dogs and kids and I've honestly never witnessed so many people looking totally alive and excited at the prospect of a 5 mile run.

In fact, even after a few miles of running on the sand the runners were still smiling. And, how could you not - the evening sun glinted on the surf, spectators were clapping and cheering, and the runners were spurring each other on.


At the end of the race the runners were met with cold drinks and lots of celebrations.
I've got to tell you, the energy was so contagious I've already committed to running next years race.

That's how exercise should be. It should be fun and exciting. It should leave you with a smile on your face and a bounce in your step.

Why don't you commit to a local run or walk? Maybe try exercising with a friend or group?

Until next time,

Cheers, to your health

The Fitness Gentleman
Giles Wiley

www.thefitnessgentleman.com
posted by Giles Wiley @ 3:07 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
< >
Optimal Health, Fitness & Weight Loss Tips
About Me

Name: Giles Wiley
Home: Atlantic Beach, Florida, United States
About Me: Giles - The Fitness Gentleman - is the author of "5-Minute Flexibility - Rapid Releases for Tight & Tired Muscles" and the publisher of the online newsletter "Optimal Health, Fitness & Weight Loss Tips". He was given the name The Fitness Gentleman by his clients and colleagues because of his refined approach to fitness and fat-loss. Giles is in demand as a speaker and coach. He spent many years travelling the world studying and training alongside the best of the best in all aspects of physical performance. He is university-trained in Exercise Physiology, Nutrition, & Physiotherapy, as well as being a highly experienced, international level Martial Artist.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Newletter

Join NOW!

E-mail address

Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER