| Friday, June 20, 2008
| Lose Fat while YOU Sleep
|Following my blogl last week on the dangers of too much sleep – I’ve had many people contact me to discuss the importance of sleep. Many have thanked me for discussing the fact that too much sleep can be as harmful as too little.
So, now that I’ve given you reasons why not to oversleep – here are some reasons that quality sleep is so important:
Good quality sleep – between 6-8 hours can help you:
1) Live longer and healthier.
2) Look better feel better – lack of qualiy sleep can reduce the levels of growh hormone the so-called elixir of youth.
3) Be happier and less stressed – less sleep means higher levels of stress hormones like Cortisol.
4) Build a better brain – lack of sleep can have cognitive and physical effects similar to those brought on by overindulging in alcohol.
5) LOSE A FEW POUNDS – with sleep deprivation we see a reduction in metabolism and an increase in appetite.
There is a lowering of levels of Leptin hormone – the hormone that makes you feel full - and an increase in levels of Ghrelin the hormone that makes you feel hungry.
Sleep deprivation also influences your food choices making you crave high-carb and high-sugar foods.
Sleep loss also decreases Insulin sensitivity putting you at a higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
If you need help learning how to relax and let go of muscle tension you need the new 5-Minute Flexibility DVD.
This brand new DVD includes flowing sequences to alleviate aches and pains and dramatically enhance flexibility,and your ability to sleep.
Here’s that address again www.5minuteflexibilty.com
Yours in health & happiness
Giles Wiley – The Fitness Gentleman
Fitness expert, Author & Magazine Contributor
PS. To order your “5-Minute Flexibility” DVD go right now to http://5minuteflexibilitydvd.com
Copyright, Wiley Exercise Systems LLC, 2008
**The contents of this daily email are not to be considered as medical advice.
Always consult a physician before beginning or changing any fitness program.**
This email is protected by copyright, 2008, Wiley Exercise Systems LLC. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any portion of this email is strictly prohibited without the
express written consent of Wiley Exercise Systems LLC.
|posted by Giles Wiley @ 11:39 AM